Arg! Sweetbabyfreakinjehsus. I am terrible at this updating the blog thing. Really. Big things have changed mi amigos. Um, for one, Troyskis and I have moved into our house!!! Whoot whoot!! Yeah. Ok, really that was the only big thing, so… on to business.
I have, in fact, gotten many more things done from my list… Fuck. If I hear this “gimme back that fillet o’ fish, gimme that fish” commercial one more time, ugh. Ok, I am not going to do anything. It’s just always on, and it’s so catchy that whatever I’m doing must stop and my brain is tantalized for 20 second or so and then I have to try to get back to work, or driving or cleaning (as my radio is always on…) I digress.
OH!! But before I digress all the way to the important stuff I would like to note that I have begun recording (written, not video tape… that’s creepy) – little Troyskis and Skis stories… why? Because they are usually pretty funny. I think I will start updating this blog with them shortly.
Shit dude. Let’s get rockin’ on the accomplishments here.
13. Watch a horror movie and get over it. I did, in fact, watch a horror movie. It was a Japanese horror film called Audition. Firstly, I would like to note, honestly, I did not know this was a horror film and so this was accomplished inadvertently. Slate.com did a piece on the 100 best films of the decade, it was on there, Netflix had it ready, I put it on. It wasn’t until aboot halfway through that I realized this film was ohhh, just a little “off”. By the end, I was ruined. And people keep asking me “blaaahhh why didn’t you just turn it off blahhahsihdf”. Fuck you, I say. By the end of this film I was FROZEN. UNABLE TO MOVE. The remote was on the bed, but I could not stop. Terrible. Go watch it and ruin the next month of your life. Go ahead.
15. Buy a nice, proper, pair of pajamas and give Troyskis back his gross sweats ;). I also buckled down and got me a nice pair of sexy pj’s that are MINE =) and they’re sexy and silky and comfy but bottom line is they are exactly what I outline: nice and proper (and just a little trashy) lol no sah. The picture is not exact, but similar all the same =)
22. Try 10 new recipes (3/10) – Oh yes mi hombres. I have been cooking like a whore in church since we moved into the house. Hmmm, I make a Mexican Pizza which was essentially a taco pizza, which was essentially amazing. I made my first corned beef and OMFG it was scrumptious. OH! And ohmysweetmaryjoseph… I made some BBQ pork ribs that were evil. Evil because they were so tasty. There were other things but I have lost interest on this topic, so I will claim 3 out of my 10 at this time.
30. Make my mom that cracked corn thing that I promised her for Christmas last year – Done!! AND!! I made some for the whole family too (especially seeing how the fat old broad at the farm refused to sell me any less than 75 fucking pounds of cracked corn so, yeah, my hand was forced – my choices being either dig a hole and bury the whole godforsaken bag, or suck it up and make about 25 of those bags).
I made big progress with family stuff too… as I should… and I’ve been an “adult” now for a while and all that crap. But I consider all these completed.
31. Call my mom at least once a week for a month (3/4)
32. Call my dad at least once a week for a month (4/4)
33. Call my brother at least once a week for a month (4/4)
34. Go visit my damn old dog once a week for a month (3/4)
Eyyy… ok. I need to call my mom once more. And I need to visit my dog another time or two. But shit. I’ve been a good girl =)
56. Go to Hong Kong with my Troyskis – (February 22, 2010 through March 1, 2010) Done!!! Seems we just got home… and it was terrific!!!! Pictures may follow, but I am lazy and it may be a while…
73. Watch 26 random movies, one for each letter of the alphabet – Wow. Ok, I got a lot o’shit going on for this one… so hold onto your hats.
B – Boys Don’t Cry – Whew. This one was a doozy. And the rape scene was so intense I had to shut it off for a while before resuming. Regardless of the ruthless violence and the incomparable uncomfortableness that reeks from this film, it was incredible… and I figure if a film can make me have such strong feelings, be them good or bad, it must be good.
E – Elizabeth – Allllright, yeah, I had already seen this film, HOWEVER – I don’t count it because I was young and didn’t fully understand the plot as I do now as a slightly more educated adult. Highly entertaining time piece and I loved it!!
J- Ju Dou – A terrific Chinese tragedy (lol not funny haha double negative oxymoron). Story: A woman gets married off to a violent, brutal, and infertile owner of a dye mill in rural China. She ends up conceiving a son with her husband's nephew, but is forced to raise her son as her husband's heir without revealing who his real father is. Great film as long as you can get past the fact that it was made in 1990 which means it is ANCIENT. Lol (in Chinese with subtitles).
M – Magdelene Sisters – A film about four women who are forced into the Magdelene Asylum for young women in Ireland mid 60’s. The asylum was run like a prison and the girls were treated like inmates and not allowed to leave as this was the place where “fallen” women were sent. Upon realizing how incredibly corrupt this place is and how brutal the women in charge could be, and upon discovering what one of the popes were doing, the four young women decide to break out. Based on a true story (my favorites =)
N – Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind – Cute little anime flick that was super creative and awesome and I am getting lazy with typing so whatever.
O – Obsessed – I was psyched for this film, but, fuckin’ A, Beyonce and blonde lady from Heros! It was terrible. Terrible. Buh. Gag.
R – Raise the Red Lantern - After her father's death, nineteen year old Songlian is forced to marry Chen Zuoqian, the lord of a powerful family. Fifty year old Chen has already three wives, each of them living in separate houses within the great castle. The competition between the wives is tough, as their master's attention carries power, status and privilege. Each night Chen must decide with which wife to spend the night and a red lantern is lit in front of the house of his choice. And each wife schemes and plots to make sure it's hers. However, things get out of hand. LOVED IT!! (in Chinese with subtitles).
T - Tsosti - In Johannesburg, the small time criminal Tsotsi is a teenager without feelings, hardened by his tough life. After killing a man with his gang in a robbery; hitting the gangster Boston of his gang; humiliating a crippled beggar along one night, Tsotsi hijacks a car and under the despair of a woman, he shoots her in the stomach. While driving the car, Tsotsi finds that there is a baby on the back seat and the woman was a desperate mother. He brings the baby to his house in the slum and becomes attached to him. For six days, the baby changes his behavior, arousing and developing the sense of empathy and humanity in the cold blood killer. (in South African with subtitles).
Blugh, I don’t feel like doing this anymore. So, this is all for now.